Get ready to throw down with this one – way down. An all-new baritone design with a 26-3/4″ scale neck that’s long enough to deliver thunderous lows, yet short enough to play like a normal guitar. The best of both worlds! Strategically positioned Railhammer Chisel pickups keep the tone tight, and our custom SIT 12-68 gauge string set (available separately) features a plain 3rd for easy bending. Feeling the itch for that baritone growl, but don’t want to feel like you’re playing a bass? Then the Descent RA is your ticket.
- ROASTED MAPLE NECKRoasted Maple is heat treated at over 300° F to remove sugars, moisture, and impurities. This maple is lighter, more stable, and has a beautiful caramel color. The result is an exceptional maple neck that will require less seasonal adjustment, and boasts a rich vintage look!
- DUAL-ACTION TRUSS RODOur dual action rod adjusts in both directions, allowing back bow or forward bow. This assures correct adjustment range is possible regardless of string tension, extreme climate conditions, or the effects of long term aging. It’s also located at the headstock for easy access.
- ANGLED NECK HEELAll Reverend solidbody guitars in the Bolt-On series feature a low profile, angled neck heel. This improves comfort and hand access when you’re reaching for those high notes!
- RAILHAMMER PICKUPSRails under the wound strings for tight lows. Poles under the plain strings for fat highs. This revolutionary design from Reverend founder Joe Naylor delivers exceptional clarity and punch, that will get you heard loud and clear!
- KORINA BODYKorina (aka White Limba) is a medium-light weight wood, highly prized for consistency and tonal qualities. Often found in boutique and vintage instruments, all Reverends feature Korina bodies. A highly resonant wood, Korina is a key factor to producing our lively, responsive instruments that are rich in harmonics.
- TRIPLE-TREE STRING TREEThis patent-pending string tree has an extended bar to hold down three strings at a time with just one tree, eliminating G string buzz in the nut slot.
- PIN-LOCK TUNERSA thumbwheel under the tuner pushes a steel pin up through the post, locking the string in place for exceptional tuning stability and super-fast string changes.
- SIX-BOLT NECK PLATETwo extra bolts increase mounting pressure of the neck by fifty percent. This makes a stronger neck connection, which improves sustain, tuning stability, and neck alignment.
- CUSTOM JACK PLATEOur proprietary jack plate features four mounting screws, instead of two. The extra screws prevent the plate from tearing out of the body. Made of steel for durability, the laser etched logo adds an extra touch of class!
- BASS CONTOURThis passive bass roll-off is great for tightening up the low end, or re-voicing the pickups. It can make a humbucker sound like a single-coil, or give a P-90 that classic twang. Variable pickup voicing at your fingertips!
- TREBLE BLEED CIRCUITAll Reverend guitars have a treble bleed circuit, preserving the treble when you roll back the volume control. When you roll back a standard volume control, the tone loses treble and becomes dull sounding. Now you can turn down and still sound great!
- 10% POLY CAPSWe use caps with a +-10% rating, while a typical cap is +-20%. Our caps are made to tighter specifications, so they’re more consistent. Made of polyester, they’re also longer lasting, and less affected by temperature than cheaper ceramic caps. Typically used in expensive boutique guitars.