Over the past few decades, Björn Juhl has crafted and designed amplifiers for famous players and studio performers all over the world. However, the price points of his hand-made amplifiers have put them out of reach for the majority of guitarists. The BJF-S66 makes Bjorn's designs and vision attainable for players on any budget.
For the BJF-S66, Juhl identified the legendary American black-face amps built in the mid-1960's as the basis for his tonal palette. These amps have long been celebrated as great "plug & play" amplifiers, as well as fantastic pedal platforms for guitarists who enjoy having a lot of tonal variety at their feet.
BJF-S66 uses an extremely efficient Class D power amp design, and the preamp is a discrete, solid-state all analog signal path for pure tone.
The ultra compact BJF-S66 features 2 channels - rhythm and lead, with adjustable lead boost - plus 3-band EQ controls, a bright switch, channel-specific reverb level and decay controls, and tremolo controls.
On the rear panel, you'll find an Effects Loop Send/Return, Preamp Out, Speaker Out and footswitch inputs. Channel select, FX loop (on/off), and tremolo (on/off) are all optionally controllable via footswitch, either separately or using the custom FS-P3 3-way footswitch (sold separately).
The BJF-S66 can drive speakers from 4 ohms to 16 ohms. Power output: 100W @ 4 Ohms / 66W @ 8 ohm / 30W @ 16ohm.
With modern design and build techniques, the BJF-S66 captures the essence of that famed mid-60's sound, while being small and light enough to fit into a gig bag and robust enough to handle the rigors of the road.
- Input impedance: 1 MΩ
- Output: 30W / 16Ω | 66W / 8Ω | 100W / 4Ω
- Rhythm channel: GAIN, MASTER, REVERB LEVEL, REVERB DECAY
- Lead channel: GAIN, LEAD DRIVE, MASTER, REVERB LEVEL, REVERB DECAY
- 3 band EQ (shared)
- BASS: 70Hz + -20dB
- MID: 450Hz +-10dB
- TREBLE: 2KHz + -20 dB
- BRIGHT switch: +10 dB at 4 KHz
- Tremolo (shared): DEPTH & SPEED
- Footswitch: FX Loop (ON/OFF), Channel Select, and Tremolo (ON/OFF) can all be controlled via footswitch, using either the One Control FS-P3 (sold separately) or one or more standard, single-latching footswitches
- Size: 26.5 (W) × 9.5 (D) × 10.3 (H) cm (not including knobs)
- Weight: 1.62 kg